Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Music Is The Only Love

Over the past year music has taken over my life. Rap, Hip-Hop and R&B especially. I have been a huge Lil Wayne fan since he came out with the Dedication and Da Drought series. Since I am a white kid from the 'burbs of Long Island you may be questioning as to why I like Lil Wayne and how I can relate to a guy who "comes from the hardest city" and was shot twice and the answer is only one sentence.

He likes random pop culture and uses it in his songs.

I find this shit fascinating, the fact that you can give this guy any subject and he can make a song about it is CRAZY! Some of his lines are amazingly random which in my mind make them amazingly good. Let me give you some examples:

"Stand on my money head butt Yao Ming"
"I'm so muthafuckin high i can eat a star"
"We on J-E-T's like Curtis Martin in white and green"
"Clothes are overrated, panties debated, Einstein-her head is the greatest
"
"I'm tryin to dip my celery up in her blue cheese"
and the entire songs Upgrade, Sky Is The Limit, and Seat Down Low

His lyrics are fun and usually are not too serious, but sometimes its good to kick back and listen to some fun songs. Plus he smokes that Kush.

Some of my other favorite rappers include B.o.B., Asher Roth, Drake, Curren$y,
and sometimes Charles Hamilton (relax dude don't put out tooo much stuff). Some of you may recognize these people as some the XXL Top 10 Freshman and to those of you who know me know that I am leaving the best one off of this list because saying that he is one of my favorite or that i like some of the stuff he puts out is like saying Tiger Woods needs to work on how he plays under pressure.

Scott Mescudi

I don't even know where to start, but I will. Like the rest of you who have heard of this amazing dude fresh out of Cleveland, the first song I heard of his was Day N Nite. When I heard this song I was at a loss for words, however I did jizz in my pants and then listened to it about 2668324367114398 times when I got home and downloaded it. Some of his lyrics are life changing and others are fun, some are about his late father and others are about being It like the clown. I relate to Scotty so much it's kind of crazy. I've seen everyone of his interviews, every one of his freestyles, read his blog everyday and know every lyric to his songs. Whenever I'm feeling down or am in any mood that anyone that has ever been in I listen to the Cudders.


The Man On The Moon.

1 comment:

  1. This article is live, you dont ever need to explain why you like rap, music falls on ears. Love your site keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete